9/05/2010

THE MOUSE AND I

I was sitting in my outside area today, happily crocheting away, when I had that feeling you get when someone or something is watching you. Thinking my dog Prissy had come up for some Mommy time I glanced down and there was a huge gray mouse (OK it was tiny) sitting on the arm of my chair watching me crochet. It looked rather surprised when I screamed and I guess when I jumped out of my chair it decided that anything that could scare something as big as me, it did not want any part of, so it scurried away.

I finally convinced Prissy that she should come to my rescue by telling her the mouse was after her water (she does not like for anything/one to mess with HER things). She sniffed my chair then tried to put her 60 pounds in my lap for protection, she is a Husky after all.

For those who are not familiar with Huskies, if you are looking for a dog that will scare people who judge by appearances a Husky might work, if you are looking for a dog that will love someone to death while they are robbing your house a Husky is the dog for you. They only look like mean dogs, they are the biggest babies in the canine kingdom.

I finally convinced her that her water was in imminent danger of the mouse drinking it so she searched all under my chair but failed to scare the mouse out of there. I think I need a cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment