11/12/2010

NO TAKE BACKS

I watched my Nanababies last night.  I had finally finished slippers, promised to the twins.  Joey, little miss attitude, said "your finalllllllly done!".  For you see I had already given Gabs her pair, and got distracted, ran out of yarn, but finally kept the promise I had made.

Since I did not have a pair for Gabs I let her chose which one of the three hats I had made that she would like.  Well after pictures were taken, Gabs and Joe decided they liked each others hats better, so they agreed to exchange.



I have said often and will again how proud I am of my daughter, what a great, wife, mother and person she has became!  But my pride swelled again, when my 4 year old Nanababy Joey looked solemnly at her 3 year old sister Gabs, and said

"You have to promise, when we exchange these hats, that we each keep ours, No take backs, " and just as solemnly Gabs nodded her head promising her sister "No take backs."

Perhaps some day their "real" father can learn when you make a promise though there may sometimes be apologies to make for promises we are unable to keep.  Children learn by what we teach, not just through our words, but through our actions and promises unkept.  Perhaps through their Mother and the Man they call Dadda, they will  someday teach him the importance of a promise kept.

No comments:

Post a Comment