11/02/2010

CHAMELEON CAUGHT IN A KALEIDOSCOPE

It is cold and windy outside today, so I thought I would work on this post this morning.  I have hopes that the sun will come out soon to warm me outside.  I seem (to me anyway) to be reluctant to write this not sure why that would be, I guess if I write it maybe I will discover the reason...

I have a confession to make, many of you will look at me differently after I make it, but that's okay.  I DON'T LIKE OPRAH!  I am sorry to all the huge fans of hers out there but I find her annoying.  I have only watched her show a few times and find that she appears to be of the mind set that if you don't believe as she does you are wrong.

People who only live in black and white annoy me, there are so many beautiful colors and shades in the world why limit yourself.  I am not saying you should not have things, ideas, principles that you stand firmly on or that you should embrace everyone elses beliefs.  Just that we live in a world full of such unique people and should not just write someone off because they are different than us without at least first considering that even though you will never agree with them that does not always mean they are wrong.

That said, I decided one day to give the Oprah Show another shot, maybe I had just caught her on bad days.  The day I picked she was talking on of all things "Change" she had Suze Orman (or whatever her name is) Dr. Oz, some hair style guy and Dr. Phil on her show that day.

Well Suze whatever started talking about finances, I have read her book, we live in different worlds.  She had a few good ideas, I took mental notes sure I would remember, then trying to remember what I was going to remember.

The hairstyler dude was just way out there, not sure what world he lives in but in mine I usually brush my hair, sometimes if I am going somewhere I might put some mascarra on, usually not.  But I still filed some of those thoughts away in what I might as well call my garbage can because as soon as I put it in my brain it is forgotten.

Dr. Oz had some good suggestions on nutrition, vitamins and what fruits and veggies will cause you to live an extra 2 years.  So I filed them into the trash can.

Then came Dr. Phil, I am embarrassed to say this is where I lost it, he had the nerve to tell me I needed to change something about myself everyday!!!

I have got to tell you that I jumped up out of my chair screaming and yelling at the sheer nerve of this man!  I told him that I had to quit reading those magazines in the grocery market because every month they would have great ideas about pills, fruits, veggies ways to improve your health and life.  I would buy some of these, put them in my special dissappearing place and never see them again.

The next month would be a repeat.  For those of you who don't know me and I am positive many of you have the same place in your own homes, I have a place where I always put things that I am positive I will remember that I put them there, but when I go back they are gone!  So, this is my dissappearing place.

But back to my rant, I finally screamed at him that I was already like a CHAMELEON CAUGHT IN A KALEIDOSCOPE ever changing colors with the turn of lifes wheel.  I could not possibly add a change to my life every day and be expected to remember from day to day what I had changed the day before. 

For those silly people who say take notes, on paper, yeah, it has it's own dissappearing place. 

Well when I calmed down and reflected on his words it came to me, that if I did not listen to him, that would make me unique, because everyone else pays attention to what he say's.  So I know he can be a contradictory fellow, so chances are 50/50 that by next year just being the person I already am will be back in style, and for once I will be

 LEADER OF THE PACK, THIS CHAMELEON CAUGHT IN A KALEIDOSCOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment