8/01/2010

August 1, 2010

Wow! It's hard to believe the year is going by so fast. I just typed the month and was shocked though I have lived through the past 7 months without giving thought to how time has flown by this year.

It has been a great year! Today was a little strange, well strange may be to mild of a word. Emergency vehicles went past on the street behind mine and one of my neighbors came over and was telling me that police were at a house about 4 down from hers. We were talking about jobs and her and the boys maybe coming over later to cool off in my lovely vinyl pool. When suddenly a shot was fired. Well she got her children into her house quickly and I called the police to let them know that where ever their officer was down the road a shot had just been fired from that direction (we think it struck a building next to where we were standing) the dispatcher told me everything was under control and I was like no honey it ain't your officers were there when someone fired a shot.

She just could not see a problem with this. I later learned that someones pit bull (who of course had never attacked anyone before) broke her chain and attacked a neighbor in his yard. Having dealt myself with what goes for law enforcement around here I am sure the injured neighbor had ample reason for going and getting his own gun and trying to shoot the dog himself. A neighborhood full of children is not the place to do it, it's also not the place for a pit bull.

Pits were not bred as pets, they were never intended to live in areas where they would be in a position to attack people. They were bred for hunting, they were bred to be aggressive. It's like owning a python and being surprised when it tries to eat you, it is what it is!

My dog is loved and spoiled rotten, she has been trained since she was small that biting and aggressive behaviour is not allowed. Her breed "Husky" was bred to get along with humans esp small children. They were also bred to take care of their own food needs in the summer months. I am very careful that my dog never gets loose from me and though my daughter would trust her with my grandchildren, I would not. She is what she is, a dog!

I would never own a dog like a pit, they are far to dangerous of an animal. I also would not own a python or a lion for the same reasons. It is nice to believe that you will always be in control of every situation but sadly a lot of people die surprised that their dog who was raised with only love is now got it's jaws locked to their throat.

But enough of my soapbox you will never convince people who refuse to understand or even learn about their dog and it's genetic history.

Luckily the man was not badly injured, sadly a dog that was being a dog, will be destroyed because it's owners made bad choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment